Weekly Newsletter – Friday 14th December 2018
Posted by: Office Team on December 14, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Congratulations to Oliver Clements who has achieved merit in his grade 2 piano exam – a wonderful achievement.
We are extremely proud to be named in the Knutsford Guardian as the highest performing school in the area. We have also been listed as the highest performing school in Cheshire, in ‘The Times’. The Knutsford Guardian will also be writing a feature about Lower Peover Primary School SIAMS report over the Christmas break which we look forward to reading.
Christingle Boxes – Year 6 only
Please could the Christingle boxes be returned to school on Monday 17th December.
Lunch on Friday 21st December
As we have Paul Storey – magician in school on this date we have altered the Friday menu to ensure that the children can sit down to watch the production at 12.30. The menu is hot dog/ veggie burger or fishcake with chips, plus pudding. Please order via Live Kitchen as normal.
Reception and Key Stage 1 Production
It was lovely to see so many of you at Plumley Village Hall this week. The children were amazing. Thank you to all the staff involved for working so hard to present such a wonderful Christmas Production.
Bags2School – Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Bags2School is a company that specialises in good quality second clothing that can be reused. These bags will be collected from school at 9am on Tuesday 22nd January 2019. All bags are weighed, and money is donated to the school fund.
The winner this week is: Year 2 with 97.42%
Year 1: 97.33%
Year 3: 91.72%
Year 4: 91.88%
Year 5: 89.64%
Year 6: 95.56%
Clubs Spring 2019
Monday: Multi Sports, dodgeball, tennis, tag rugby, athletics, archery (Coach Dave)
Monday: Multi Activity Club ‘The Greatest Showman’ crafts, dance, games, parachute, circus yoga.
Tuesday: Football (Coach Dave)
Wednesday: Choir (until the Young Voices)- Mrs Maddock
Thursday: Cookery (years 5/6) (Mrs Lawrence and Mrs Lamb) Tag rugby, athletics (Coach Dave)
Health and Safety
Please could I encourage you to turn off your engines, at the end of the day, on the playground as quite a few cars engines are idling for long periods. A few parents have mentioned their concerns about unnecessary polluting of the air adjacent to the school building. Thank you.
The final amount raised from the ‘elf day’ for Alzheimer awareness last Friday was £176.48- thank you for your donations.
I hope you have a lovely weekend. We have our Christmas staff meal on Saturday which we are looking forward to.
Dates for Autumn:
- Monday 17th December: Cinderella – Whole School
- Tuesday 18th December/ Wednesday 19th December: KS2 production in church 1.30pm
- Thursday 20th December: Christmas Lunch for the children and staff.
- Friday 21st December: Paul Storey Magician pm for KS1 and KS2 separately.
- Friday 21st December: 3.15 School Closes
Dates for Spring Term:
- Monday 7th January 2019: INSET
- Tuesday 8th January: School opens for children
- Wednesday 9th January: Swimming for Year 3 starts
- Monday 14th January: Reception stay and play 2pm
- Wednesday 16th January: Year 6 children to Chester Cathedral (Christingle)
- Tuesday 22nd January: 9am Bags2school collected
- Wednesday 23rd January: Christingle 2pm Key Stage 1, 6pm Key Stage 2
- Tuesday 29th January: Global theme day in school
- Thursday 31st January: Year 4 Viking experience in school / Year 3 Class Trip to Weaver Hall Museum & Workshop (Prehistoric day)
- Wednesday 6th February: Year 2 parents invited for lunch
- Wednesday 13th February: Choir to the ‘Young Voices’ concert
- Friday 15th February: Break up for half term.