Weekly Newsletter – Friday 11th January 2019
Posted by: Office Team on January 11, 2019 at 2:11 pm
A HUGE well done to Isabelle Fletcher, in Year 4. She’s achieved many gold, silver and bronze medals over the year and has now achieved ‘The most improved swimmer’ for 2018. Amazing work! What a wonderful start to 2019.
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the Admissions Policy this will now move forward to for discussion with governors in February 2019.
Year 6 – SATS Booster Club
Mr Haslam has sent out a letter detailing the start of the SATS Booster Clubs which start next Monday. These will be held on both Monday and Wednesday from 3.15pm to 4.30pm.
To confirm – the Booster Club WILL run after Year 6 return from Chester Cathedral next Wednesday (16th January).
Christingle and The Children’s Society
The school Christingle services are taking place in church on Wednesday 23rd January at 2pm (KS1) and 6pm (KS2).
The services are beautiful with each child carrying a decorated orange containing a candle. Please remember children should wear their shirt and tie and please tie long hair back.
As part of the Christingle services, next week your child will be bringing home a donation envelope for The Children’s Society. They are a charity working to support vulnerable children in England and Wales.
Please return all donations to the class teacher, school office or FLPS post box (just inside the main school entrance) by Friday 25th January.
We need around 8 volunteers to help make the Christingles for around an hour after drop-off on the morning of Wednesday 23 January. We also need 4 volunteers for each of the KS1 and KS2 services to light and hand out the oranges to the children (you’ll get a great view!). If you can help out with either, please let Martin or Janet (parents of Jacob Hughes in Year 4) know. A request for help will also go out on the mums Facebook group.
Peake: 534 points (first)
Malala and Rowling: 512 points (joint second)
Daley: 502 (third)
The winners this week are: Year 2 and Year 4 with 100%
Year 1: 96.25%
Year 3: 95.69%
Year 5: 93.30%
Year 6: 98.61%
As this is the fourth time Year 4 have won the attendance award, they have been allocated a Non- uniform day next Friday 18th January- congratulations.
I hope you have a lovely weekend. I am off to Somerford at the weekend to watch my daughter show jumping (weather permitting).
Dates for Spring Term:
- Monday 14th January: Reception stay and play 2.15pm
- Wednesday 16th January: Year 6 children to Chester Cathedral (Christingle)
- Friday 18th January: Year 4 Non- uniform for excellent attendance.
- Tuesday 22nd January: 9am Bags2school collected
- Wednesday 23rd January: Christingle 2pm Key Stage 1, 6pm Key Stage 2
- Tuesday 29th January: Global theme day in school
- Thursday 31st January: Year 4 Viking experience in school / Year 3 Prehistoric day
- Wednesday 6th February: Year 2 parents invited for lunch
- Wednesday 13th February: Choir to the ‘Young Voices’ concert
- Friday 15th February: Break up for half term.