Weekly Newsletter – Friday 22nd March 2019
Posted by: Office Team on March 22, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Congratulations to Raff, in Year 6. Raff spent last weekend travelling to Billingham, Hull and Sheffield.
The game he played on Saturday in Hull saw his ice hockey team become the Under 11 Northern League Champions this year and Raff was Man of the Match! We are all very proud of him!
Jessica’s Amazing Challenge – Reception
After a close call choking, Jessica was so moved by her Daddy’s swift response, thanks to his Millie’s Trust first aid training, that she decided she wanted to help Millie’s family raise money “so that more mummies and daddies can save their kids lives”. Jessica in reception is doing a sponsored swim and is aiming for 50 lengths. Any donations would be massively appreciated to help this incredibly charity.
Easter Service- Wednesday 27th March 9.15 am
We look forward to welcoming you into church, on Wednesday to celebrate Easter. This will be led by the Year 6 children. Children need to be in winter uniform, wearing shirt and tie and a jumper/sweatshirt/cardigan. The new school uniform policy is to be implemented in September 2019.
Church Services – Rev. Jane Lloyd
Jane commences her sabbatical after Easter. Therefore, from today, Friday collective worship will take on a different format. The children will have collective worship in school, sharing excellent work, progress and achievement. This will be alternate weeks for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. Parents are welcome to join us, in school, for our weekly praise worship. We will continue to issue the usual weekly certificates for dojos.
School Lunches – Ordering Meals and New Menu
If your child has a medical appointment and will be arriving at school after 9.30 am please could you order lunch from home as the cut off time for ordering in school is 9.30 am. Thank you.
The new summer term menu is now available for viewing on our website, it will automatically be uploaded onto your Live Kitchen accounts.
The Cobbles – Health and Safety
At the end of the day please can you park around the back of school and NOT anywhere on The Cobbles. Thank you
Bikeability – Year 5
This will take place w/c 6th May, please ensure you return your completed consent forms to the office as soon as possible – thank you
- Daley (blue) in first place with 642 points
- Malala (yellow) in second place with 616 points
- Rowling (red) in third place with 612 points
- Peake (green) in fourth place with 568 points
Class Dojo Masters
- Reception: Ewan and Hugo
- Year 1: Seb
- Year 2: Arthur and Philippa
- Year 3: Amber
- Year 4: Will and Molly
- Year 5: Oliver
- Year 6: Evie
The winning attendance certificate this week is awarded to Reception – congratulations!
Your child will be bringing home a packet of Smarties soon for them to enjoy over the Easter break. But please don’t throw away the tubes once the Smarties are eaten, as this is where the fun starts! The aim of the game is for the children to fill their empty Smarties tubes with as many 20p coins as they can, to raise money for our school. The children can add their name and Team Colour to the tube label. The team that raises the most will be awarded a non-uniform day in recognition of their effort! Please return all tubes to school by Friday 26 April. Happy Easter and let’s get collecting those 20ps!!!
Just a reminder about the Christingle photographs. Wildchild photographers took beautiful individual photos of each of the children holding their Christingle candles during the church services in January. Those photos are still available to purchase on ParentPay for £1.10. Once purchased, please collect your photograph from the office. All proceeds are being donated to FLPS by Wildchild.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up to help at the Spring Fair so far. Given the number of activities we have to offer, this year more than ever we really need your support on the day to ensure the smooth running of the event. Please sign up to help on a stall if you can and help make this a really enjoyable and successful event for everyone. The link to the volunteer sign-up sheet is volunteersignup.org/BJFEJ
To ensure that everyone enjoys the event as much as possible, we will close all the games and stalls whilst the children are performing their dances so that no one will miss their child’s performance.
We have two tombolas this year-one for the adults and one for the children. We also have a competition to win a ‘barrel of Booze’.
We will have two non-uniform days prior to the fair on return for donations to the tombolas. Those are as follows:
Thursday 16 April – Non-uniform in return for a donation of chocolate/ sweets for the Children’s tombola
Friday 26 April – Non-uniform in return for a donation of booze or chocolates for the adult tombola
The Easter Discos are on Monday. There is still time to buy any last-minute tickets on ParentPay for £5 each.
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help out prior to or during the discos. These events could not go ahead without your support. We could still do with some volunteers to assist at both discos. If you are able to help, please let Debbie know.
Please can anyone who is bringing Krispie Cakes leave them in the DT room.
KS1 Disco arrangements
The KS1 and reception children will go straight from school to the disco. Please ensure that their party clothes are sent into school with them on Monday morning in a named bag. They will get changed in their classrooms prior to the disco. Please collect the children from the main entrance to the school at 5pm. The children will only be let out once their parent is there.
The KS2 disco starts at 5.30pm. All children will be signed in when they return to school for the disco. The disco finishes at 7pm. Please collect the children from the main entrance to the school. Again, the children will only be allowed out once their parent is there.
I hope you have a lovely weekend. I am off to Gatcombe Horse Trials to watch Jim’s Pal.
Dates for Summer Term until 24th May
- Wednesday 27th March: Whole school Easter service in church at 9.15 am
- Friday 29th March: School breaks up for Easter.
- Monday 15th April: School opens.
- Monday 15th April: 9.15 am Age concern leading collective worship to whole school
- Monday 15th April: 2.15pm Reception Stay and Play
- Thursday 16th April – Non-uniform in return for a donation of chocolate/ sweets for the Children’s Tombola.
- Wednesday 17th April: Year 3 parents to eat with children
- Thursday 18th April: Year 6 to adbrook Park- Barclays lifestyle event
- 25th and 26th April: Year 2 residential to Fox Howl at Delamere
- Friday 26 April – Non-uniform in return for a donation of booze or chocolates for the adult tombola
- Tuesday 30th April: Ugandan visitors to visit school
- Whole of May: Key Stage 1 SATS are implemented.
- Thursday 2nd May: INSET day. School closed for polling.
- Tuesday 7th May: Year 1 class worship to parents at 2pm
- 7th– 10th May: Bikeability for Year 5
- Wednesday 8th May: Year 4 parents to eat with children
- Thursday 9th May: Year 3 to Gadbrook Park- Barclays lifestyle event
- 13th– 16th May: Year 6 SATS
- Tuesday 21st May: Sports Day KS1 9.15, KS2 1pm
- 23rd– 24th May: Year 6 trip to London with Mr. Haslam, Mrs Dean, Mrs Lamb and Miss Tinker
- Friday 24th May: Break up