Weekly Newsletter - Friday 13th September 2019
We have had a wonderful week, in school. The children all had their individual photos taken on Tuesday. All staff have undertaken their safeguarding training. As part of our palm oil project last term, Mrs. Maddock has taken two children (India and Henry) to a singing workshop today, led by Matt Baker- such an amazing experience.
Yesterday Mrs. Maddock and I attended the launch of our Math’s project for this year. We have been accepted by the ‘North West Math’s Hub’ to be part of the ‘Primary Teaching for Mastery Development Programme’ which will be led by Mrs. Maddock and Miss Williamson.
Thank you for your patience during the roadworks on The Cobbles. It seems that opening the school doors at 8.30 am has eased some of the congestion. The school will open at 8.30 am for all next week also.
Attendance: The Reception class is the winning class this week- what an amazing start to school life.
Early Collection of Children
If you wish to collect your child early for exceptional circumstances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be sent to Mrs Dean for consideration. For medical appointments please bring a copy of the appointment details so we can keep a record in our attendance system.
Next week is our first cross-country competition at Holmes Chapel - it has been lovely seeing the children practice with Mr. Townsend and Mr. Young at lunchtime. We wish the team good luck!
Key Stage 1 Praise
Reception: Knox, Jackson, Alexa and Immy sharing objects they had made.
Year 1: Freya and Raff sharing their autumn poem.
Year 2: Theo, Julia and Mikey shared their math’s work. Ana shared her letter to Rosie, Hettie and Theo shared their timeline on transport.
Friday 20th September will be Key Stage 2 praise, in school, please join us.
Staff Led After School Clubs
The first week of staff led after school clubs have been very well received by the children. A reminder that ALL clubs (excluding cookery) finish at 4.30pm with the collection point at the main entrance. Could we please ask that if your child no longer wishes to take part, you inform the office, so we can release the place to other children – thank you.
Reception: Knox, Year 1: Flossie, Year 2: Hettie, Year 3: Jessica, Year 4: Oscar and Amber, Year 5: Grace P, Year 6: Zach and Theo
New names have been decided for the team colours, which have been chosen by the children. The Blue team is linked to Michelle Obama, the Green team is linked to Greta Thunberg, the Yellow team is linked to Stephen Hawking and the Red team is linked to David Attenborough.
The winning teams this week are the Blue & Red teams with 441 points. Third place goes to the Green team with 424 points and the fourth place is the Yellow team with 422 points.
There are 10 days left to book your ball tickets, we all had such an amazing time last year and this year promises to be even better. We sold out last year and it would be a real shame not to have the same again this year.
The money we raise goes directly to the kids. Last year we funded items such as the new KS2 play area and a full brand-new set of Laptops, to ensure our kids have the best resources. We do welcome friends, family and teachers so ask around and if you cannot go please share with the other class parents to make sure everybody knows the flyer has been sent out. Thanks so much. Kristin and the FLPS team.
Prayers – sent in by a parent
God of hope, in these times of change, unite our nation, and guide our leaders with your wisdom.
Give us courage to overcome our fears, and help us to build a future in which all may prosper and share: through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Please also pray for Miss Moores, who is undergoing surgery this morning and Mrs Lawrence, who sadly lost her sister yesterday.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I am flying to Dublin for the day on Saturday and the usual horse eventing on Sunday, supporting one of my daughters.
- Wednesday 25th September: open day for new starters (2020)9.30-11.30 &1.30-2.30
- Monday 30th September: Active Kids smile for a mile launch
- Wednesday 9th October: Harvest service for the whole school, in church 9.15 am – winter uniform please
- Monday 14th October – Friday 18th October: Year 6 residential visit to Manor Adventure, Shropshire
- Tuesday 22nd October: 3.30-6pm Autumn Term Parents Evening 1
- Wednesday 6th November: Autumn Term Parents Evening 2
- Wednesday 20th November to Friday 22nd November: Year 4 residential to Beeston
- Thursday 12th December and Friday 13th December: Reception and Key Stage 1 to Plumley Village Hall all day
- Thursday 12th December and Friday 13th December: Reception and Key Stage 1 Christmas performance 1pm, at Plumley Village Hall
- Monday 16th December: Whole school trip to the pantomime
- Tuesday 17th December and Wednesday 18th December: Key Stage 2 Christmas service, in church 2pm
- Thursday 19th December: Christmas dinner day and Christmas jumper day. Paul Storey Magician.