Modern Foreign Languages
At Lower Peover we believe that learning a modern foreign language provides a valuable educational, social and cultural experience for our pupils. The aims of MFL in our school are:
- To develop communication skills, including key skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- To develop and extend the children’s knowledge of how language works.
- To enable the children to make substantial progress in one laguage (French from YR – Y6)
- To gain lingyistic skills that will assist and lay the foundation for further language learning.
- To provide pupils with the confidence and independence to explore and be able to attempt manipulation of the structure of the language.
- To give the children a new and broader perspective on the world, encouraging them to understand their own cultures and those of others.