Reception 2021 - 2022
Welcome to the EYFS class page. My name is Mrs McAree and I will be joining after the Easter break for the summer term.
The teaching assistant support will remain the same, with Miss Haslam, Mrs Williamson and Miss Brown working with me in class.
I am really excited to be teaching Reception for the Summer term and although I’ve taught in many different year groups, early years has always been a passion of mine.
We are following a literacy-based curriculum plan which means many of our activities will have a theme that is linked to our main text: The Extraordinary Gardener. The children will have a Garden Centre for role play and will be learning a lot about our immediate environment, the changes that we can see, growing and discovering where food comes from. I am planning on doing some cooking with the children using some of the herbs we have planted in our outdoor area. Please support us at home by letting the children learn about their garden, grow some fruit or vegetables, talk about seeds and where they come from and maybe even visit a Garden Centre.
Daily phonics lessons will be taking place, where we will be working up to reading simple sentences aloud more fluently but using their knowledge to sound out and decode where necessary. Phonetically decodable books will be sent home but please introduce other books to children too because even just listening to stories improves their vocabulary and aids them with their reading and writing.
We have worked hard over the Easter break giving the classroom and outdoor area a makeover, which we hope the children will love.
Mr Bentham (Premier Education) will do PE sessions on Tuesday. On a Wednesday Mr Stannard will come in and do some singing and music activities, he is lots of fun and I know that this will be something you will really enjoy. Also on a Thursday, Madame Carter will teach us a little French too!
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Tuesdays for our lessons with Mr Bentham. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: Will form part of the children's continous provision.
- Coats: Please bring your coats and hats/gloves into school for outdoor play in the winter months. Wellies and waterproofs can be left in school so that we can access the outdoor areas in all weathers.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Reception: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display