Year 4 2021 - 2022
Year 4 Teacher & School Inclusion Manager/SENDCo
Welcome to year 4! My name is Mr Bradley, and I am very much looking forward to being your teacher this year. Mrs Williamson and Miss Seymour will be working alongside me to support you all and will form part of the Year 4 team.
In addition to us teaching and supporting you, we will also have Mr Bentham for PE, Mr. Stannard for Music, and Madame Carter for Languages. During our weekly music lessons, every Wednesday, we will all be given a Ukulele and we will learn how to play them each week. You will then be able to take them home to practise, but please remember to bring them in each week.
In Maths, we will have a big push on times tables in Year 4, as we will have the ‘multiplication check’ towards the end of the academic year. We will obviously be learning them in school; however, I highly recommend accessing lots of apps and games that can be used at home to consolidate this learning further. In our English lessons, we will continue to enhance our writing skills further, where will be explore and use a range of quality texts and resources to support this.
For our History and Geography topics, we have lots planned out, over the year. The topics will be: 'From Grassland to Deserts', 'Ancient Greece', and 'The Maya'. We also have a few Art and DT (Design Technology) projects planned out throughout the year; for example: designing and making our own pencil cases; press print art in the style of William Morris; adapting recipes; creating our own torches; and making a mosaic based piece of art.
During your time in Year 4, we also have the added excitement of our residential trip to the centre at Burwardsley. Housed in an old school building, we will be there for 3 days and 2 nights, and this time is filled with lots of outdoor activities: den building, nature walks, exploring the surrounding area through orienteering, team building, and then a few activities inside too, e.g., the famous Year 4 Talent Show!
We will also be having our allocated slots in Forest School. This has been a massive hit, this year, for all the children. I have always enjoyed each of the sessions, so, I am very much looking forward to experiencing another year in our fantastic forest area with you all. Miss Haslam and Mrs Williamson have lots of amazing activities planned for us!
I’m sure you’ll agree we have an exciting year ahead of us and I am really looking forward to being your teacher.
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Tuesdays for our lessons with Mr Bentham. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: One healthy snack a day with a treat permitted on Friday only.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat in to school (labelled)
- Homework: Please refer to the 'Year 4 class - Homework 2021-22' at the top of this page.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Year 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display