Year 4 2023 - 2024
Year 4 Teacher
Hello to my Year 4 children,
I am very excited about being your teacher in Year 4 and helping you be the ‘best versions of yourself’. I have high expectations of all of you to achieve your full potential in Year 4 and intend that we have lots of fun along the way.
I thoroughly enjoyed the few mornings that I spent with you on the transition moving up days and was so impressed with the positive attitudes your showed to your learning and the kindness you showed to each other.
As well as the Core Subjects of English, Maths, Science and RE, we have lots of amazing topics planned, which we will be diving into throughout the year. We will be looking at Kenya and comparing it to our local area in Geography and studying the Ancient Civilisations of Maya and Greece in History.
Towards the end of Year 4, you will be sitting a Statutory Times Tables Check. This is nothing to worry about and more something to view as a personal challenge to see how many you can get right out of 25 quick-fire questions that are done on the computer / tablet. We will do lots of preparation for this in school throughout the year by having a real focus on quick recall of times tables using fun games, challenges and quizzes. You can also practice at home starting now using Times Tables games and Apps that can be downloaded for free. I will be conducting a parent information workshop for all Year 4 parents about the Times Tables Check and this will happen in the Autumn Term. We will be using Times Tables Rockstars a lot next year and I will give you your logins for this at the start of Year 4.
We have a specialist sports coach taking PE on a Monday.
I hope you have a wonderful Summer and I can’t wait to be your teacher in September,
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Monday for our lesson. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: One healthy snack a day with a treat permitted on Friday only.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat into school (labelled)
- Homework: Please refer to the 'Year 4 class - Homework 2023-24' at the top of this page.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Year 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display