Art & Design
At Lower Peover, we aim to prepare children for life and embrace in all aspects of art and culture. To develop artistic thinking, we build on children’s natural curiosity, observations, and interpretation of the world around them.
Art and design are the expression of ideas, thoughts, and feelings, through sensory experience in a variety of two and three-dimensional media. In art and design, as in any other Curriculum area, all children regardless of race, gender, creed, or ability, should have equal opportunities and any materials and ideas used should reflect this approach. Children’s experiences of art should enable them to observe, question, investigate and interpret both the world around them and art produced by others.
Our aims in teaching art and design are that all children will:
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Develop their visual awareness and enjoyment of art and design.
- Provide children with the opportunity to use art and design to record their feelings and express their creative imagination.
- Provide children with the opportunity using a range of artistic media to acquire skills and develop artistic techniques.
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft, and design techniques
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft, and design
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- Understand the importance and relevance to art in everyday life in relation to our environment and expression of human emotion, thoughts, and feelings.