Art & Design
At Lower Peover Primary School, we aim to prepare children for life and embrace in all aspects of art and culture. In order to develop artistic thinking, we build on children’s natural curiosity, observations and interpretation of the world around them.
Art and Design is the expression of ideas, thoughts and feelings, through sensory experience in a variety of two and three-dimensional media. In Art and Design, as in any other Curriculum area, all children regardless of race, gender, creed or ability, should have equal opportunities and any materials and ideas used should reflect this approach. Children’s experiences of art should enable them to observe, question, investigate and interpret both the world around them and art produced by others.
Our aims in teaching art and design are that all children will:
· Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
· Develop their visual awareness and enjoyment of art and design.
· Provide children with the opportunity to use art and design to record their feelings and express their creative imagination.
· Provide children with the opportunity through the use of a range of artistic media to acquire skills and develop artistic techniques.
· Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
· Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
· Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.