Year 6 2023 - 2024
Deputy Head & Year 6 Teacher
Hello everybody, I’m Mr Haslam and I would like to welcome you all to my class, Year 6.
As well as myself, on Monday, you will have a specialist sports coach for PE and Mrs Lawrence for iSingPop. Thursdays are going to be busy. In the morning, you will have Madame Carter for French and maths with myself, then in the afternoon, you will have Mr Stannard for music, and Mr Sweetmore for computing or PSHE and Charanga music.
As well as the usual English, maths, science and RE lessons, over the course of this year we have many exciting topics to look forward to learning about.
During the autumn term, you will enjoy learning about how the location of a place affects its trade and economy in our first topic, ‘Across the Atlantic’. You will also enjoy a 3-night residential trip to PGL Winmarleigh Hall in Preston.
Then, in the spring term, you will be studying ‘Victorian Britain’. During this topic, you will visit Quarry Bank Mill.
The final term will also be very exciting! Not only will you be learning about ‘World War II’ and taking a trip to Tatton Park to learn all about it, once again there will be a whole school focus on an ‘Advocates for Change’ project, yet to be decided upon. Furthermore, you will prepare for your end-of-year production and enjoy a leavers’ service at Chester Cathedral.
I look forward to seeing you all in September!
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Monday for our lessons. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: One healthy snack a day with a treat permitted on Friday only.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat into school (labelled)
- Homework: Please refer to the 'Year 6 class - Homework 2023-24' at the top of this page.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display