Year 6 2021 - 2022
Year 6 Teacher & Key Stage 2 Lead
Welcome to our Year 6 page! I am very much looking forward to the year ahead as we have so much to learn, discover and experience together, and I know what a wonderful team we will make, having taught the class back in Year 2!
Year six is not only the last year for our children to enjoy their time here at Lower Peover, but also very important in preparing them for their journey onwards and upwards to high school. It is full of challenges and excitement right from the outset, culminating in a very exciting final term which includes our residential trip and the end of year productions.
The year 6 children hold many different roles of responsibility and leadership as the oldest children in the school. Our aim is that they leave us as: responsible citizens, successful learners and wise, well-rounded individuals, who are ready for the next stage of their education.
I know they are going to do a magnificent job being excellent role models for our younger children!
We have lots of interesting topics planned, which we will be studying in depth throughout this year. These are:
- Across the Atlantic - Britain and The Americas
- The Victorian Era
- Advocates for Change Project – this is our whole school topic on a current world issue!
In addition to myself, we will be joined by Miss Haslam and Miss Brown for 2 days each. We will also have Mr Bentham for PE on Tuesdays, Mr Stannard for Music on a Wednesday and Mrs Carter for French on a Thursday.
What a brilliant year it is going to be!
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Tuesdays for our lessons with Mr Bentham. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: One healthy snack a day with a treat permitted on Friday only.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat in to school (labelled)
- Homework: Please refer to the 'Year 6 class - Homework 2021-22' at the top of this page.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6: Calendar items
Year 6 - End of Year Production (Plumley Village Hall), by Mrs Tinker
Year 6 Forest School AM, by Mrs Tinker
Year 6 Leavers Assembly Chester Cathedral, by Mrs Barry