Year 3 2023 - 2024
Year 3 Teacher
I’m Mrs Slater and I am delighted to be your Year Three teacher. I look froward to starting our journey together in September, supporting each of you throughout the year and teaching a huge variety of exciting lessons.
As well as learning the Core Subjects of English, Maths, Science and RE, we have lots of amazing topics planned, which we will be exploring throughout the year.
In the Autumn Term we will study rivers by first looking at the Peover Eye, considering its sources and its journey to other rivers like The Mersey. Our Geography lessons, connect to our English Writing lessons, as we will be reading ‘Journey to the River Sea’ as a foundation for our creative writing tasks.
Later in the term, we shall be studying an exciting, magical place through the book ‘Leon and the Place Between’. Here we will visit a magical circus like no other. We will let our imaginations run wild!
In the Spring Term we will study Prehistoric Britain where we will discover what it was like to live in these periods and find out about how they used the resources around them to impact their lives. Our English Writing text connects to our theme, as will be reading ‘Stone Age Boy’ to inspire our creative writing.
Summer Term will bring a study of Egypt, exploring this ancient civilization and all of its wonderful inventions and constructions. We will have a visit by an Egyptologist, who will share his incredible discoveries and artefacts with the class.
As reading is an essential tool to exercise your mind and increase knowledge, over the course of the Year, I will encourage you to read as often as possible, or with an aim to read for 15 minutes at least 5 times per week. Please ensure each time you read it is logged in Boom reader. Please also have a look at the ‘100 books to read before you leave Lower Peover’
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Tuesdays for our lessons. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: One healthy snack a day with a treat permitted on Friday only.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat into school (labelled)
- Homework: Please refer to the 'Year 3 class - Homework 2023-24' at the top of this page.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display