Year 3 2021 - 2022
Year 3 Teacher
Hello, everybody! I’m Mrs. Maddock and I would like to welcome you all to my class. I hope you have all had a wonderful summer break and I can't wait to work with you all and start our journey in Year 3.
In addition to Numeracy and English, over the course of this year we will be learning about lots of fun and interesting topics. First we will study rivers by first looking at the Peover Eye and considering its sources and is journey to other rivers like The Mersey. In addition in English we will explore another river journey through its many stages. Later in the term studying a magical place, through the book ‘Leon and the Place Between’. Here we will visit a magical circus like no other and let our imagination run wild! In this term, we will also have our exciting visit to Foxhowl, our long awaited residentail which we were unable to experience last year, so some exciting times to look forward to!
In the second term we will study prehistoric Britain. We will discover what it was like to live in these periods and find out about how they used the resources around them to improve their lives. You will be amazed at some of the crucial inventions the people of this age gave to us! Our other book theme will include ‘The Iron Man’ and exciting adventure of mystical creatures, robots from outer space and a bid to save the world from total destruction!
Summer term will bring a study of Egypt, exploring this ancient civilization and all of its wonderful inventions and constructions. There will of course be another exciting whole school project which for now we’ll keep a surprise!
Lots of exciting themes to get our teeth into and I can’t wait to begin to explore these with you!
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Tuesdays for our lessons with Mr Bentham. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: One healthy snack a day with a treat permitted on Friday only.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat in to school (labelled)
- Homework: Please refer to the 'Year 3 class - Homework 2021-22' at the top of this page.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display