Year 1 2023 - 2024
Year 1 Teacher
Hello everybody, I’m Mrs Maddock and I would like to welcome you all to my class, Year 1.
In addition to the above, we will also have a specialist sports coach (Premier Education) for PE on a Tuesday, Mr. Stannard on a Thursday for music, and Madame Carter for MFL (Modern Foreign Languages) on a Thursday.
As well as the usual English and maths lessons, over the course of this year, we have many exciting topics to learn about.
During the Autumn term, the children will enjoy ‘A journey around Lower Peover’ as part of our ‘My World’ topic.
Then, in the Spring term, we study toys from the past, thinking about how they have changed and the different ways children play today from the past.
The Summer term explore castles, kings and queens. We are planning a visit to Beeston for this as well as engaging in lots of creative activities such as designing our own castles.
The final term will once again see the whole school focus on an ‘Advocates for Change’ project, yet to be decided upon.
I look forward to seeing you all in September!
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Tuesdays for our lessons. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted
- Snacks: One healthy snack a day with a treat permitted on Friday only.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat into school (labelled)
- Uniform: Please label all jumpers and cardigans clearly so they can be returned to the right pupil.
- Homework: Please refer to the 'Year 1 class - Homework 2022-23' at the top of this page.
- Forest School Activities: If it is your turn to visit the wooded area on the school grounds, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display