Year 5 – Curriculum (Teacher Miss Moores)
I’m Miss Moores and I would like to welcome you all into my class. I have already met all of you around school and have had the pleasure in teaching you during transition days. I am really excited to be your teacher and have heard so many brilliant things about you all!
We have some amazing topics that we will be diving into and I know that you will love learning about them all.
The topics include:
- The Victorians
- The Amazing Americas
- Islands – adventures on land and sea
- Ancient Greece
We will use our Geography, History, Art, Performing Arts and Science skills throughout these topics as well as using some great novels that link with these in our English lessons.
We will be joined through the week by Coach Dave, Mr Stannard and Madame Whitworth to continue developing our PE, Music and French skills.
I feel privileged to have you as my class and I know we are going to have lots of fun and achieve great things together throughout our journey this year.
General Class Information
- Homework Diaries: Please ensure that your homework is handed in on the correct day
- P.E: Will usually be twice weekly so please ensure you have your kit with you from Monday every week
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day
- Coats: Please bring your coats and wellies for outdoor play in the winter months
|Spelling||–||–||–||–||Tested and new spellings set|
|Spelling, Grammar, Reading rotation||–||–||Handed in||–||Sent home|
|Numeracy||–||–||–||–||Due in and homework set|