Weekly Newsletter - Friday 18th October 2019
Non-Uniform Day for Breast Cancer
We have managed to do a quick count of the donations, and are extremely pleased to announce we have raised £211.42 today, for our wear pink for Breast Cancer day – and this without Year 6, so huge thanks for your donations.
We are delighted to welcome Kirsten O’Shea to the Governing Body as Parent Governor. I am sure you will join us in congratulating her.
Thank you to everyone who have bought tickets for the Spooky Discos on Monday. Spooky fancy dress is optional and there will be prizes for the best costume in KS1 and KS2.
The KS1 disco is straight from school so please send the children in with their costumes in a named bag. This disco finishes at 5pm. Please collect your children from the main entrance. The children will need to be signed out so please wait outside and we will bring the children out to you. You will then need to collect their bags from their classrooms.
The KS2 disco starts at 5.30pm. Please bring the children to the main entrance to be signed in. This finishes at 7pm. Please collect your children from the main entrance. The children will need to be signed out so please wait outside and we will bring the children out to you.
Thank you for all the offers of help. We can begin setting up in the hall from 2pm so if you are able to help decorate the hall please arrive any time from 2pm. If you are helping at the KS1 disco please arrive from 3.15pm and 5.30pm for the KS2 disco. If anyone is able to help clear up after the KS2 disco that would be greatly appreciated.
Please can any Krispie cakes be dropped off at school on Monday morning. Please leave them in the DT room. A reminder that we are a nut free school so the cakes should not contain any nuts or traces of nuts.
Finally, a reminder to let Hannah Burgoyne know if your child has any dietary requirements. We will have a vegetarian option available instead of hotdogs. There will also be dairy and gluten free cakes but we will not know to give these to your child unless you make us aware of their requirements.
Parents Evening: Tuesday October 22nd and Wednesday 6th November
A reminder, if you have not already done so, to book your parents evening appointment, via School Spider.
Flu Nasal Vaccinations
Thank you to those parents who have already returned the consent form. Please return any forms to the office as soon as possible so we can pass them onto the School Nursing Team prior to 8th November.
Young Voices Choir
A reminder that the final deadline for ordering and paying for tickets and T-Shirts is 12 noon on Thursday 24th October. Please pay on ParentPay and return any T-Shirt order forms to the office, so correct sizes can be ordered.
Attendance: The winning class this week, is Year 5
Year 1: Lexy
Year 2: Ben and Xander
Year 3: Phillipa
Year 4: Summer
Year 5: Grace
Attenborough: 403 points
Obama: 398 points
Thunberg: 404 points
Hawking: 318 points
The winning team is Thunberg (Green)
School Harvest Festival
Harvest Festival will take place on Thursday 24th October at 9.10 am, in Church. If you wish to donate any unperishable items on this day, we will deliver them all to a local food bank.
- Tuesday 22nd October: 3.30-6pm Autumn Term Parents Evening 1
- Thursday 24th October- 9.10 am Harvest Festival in the church
- Wednesday 6th November: 3.30-6pm Autumn Term Parents Evening 2
- Friday 8th November: Flu Nasal Vaccinations – All year groups
- Wednesday 20th November to Friday 22nd November: Year 4 residential to Beeston
- Thursday 12th December and Friday 13th December: Reception and Key Stage 1 to Plumley Village Hall all day
- Thursday 12th December and Friday 13th December: Reception and Key Stage 1 Christmas performance 1pm, at Plumley Village Hall
- Monday 16th December: Whole school trip to the pantomime
- Tuesday 17th December and Wednesday 18th December: Key Stage 2 Christmas service, in church 2pm
- Thursday 19th December: Christmas dinner day and Christmas jumper day. Paul Storey Magician.