Weekly Newsletter - Friday 20th September 2019
It has been mentioned by parents and governors, that opening the school at 8.30 am is easing congestion on the main road. Therefore, after careful consideration and discussion with governors the school doors will continue to open at 8.30 am.
Mrs. Perry has asked that the now the Reception children have settled so well into school, please can the children enter on their own in the morning – thank you.
Open Day Wednesday 25th September 9.30-11.30 & 1.30-2.30
If you know of any children who will start school in September 2020, please encourage them to visit school next week.
A reminder that we are collecting Aldi stickers in school. Please send your stickers to Mr. Young or hand in at the office.
The Ball is less than a month away so please buy your tickets if you have not already. Tickets are on ParentPay and cost £50 each - for that you get a glass of fizz on arrival, a three-course meal (and if last year is anything to go by the standard will be very high), a fantastic band and what promises to be an amazing night in a stunning venue.
Please remember that all profits from the night go straight to buying essential resources for our children. Last year we funded the KS2 playground, new laptops and Maths Whizz. This would not be possible without events such as the Ball being a success.
After School Clubs
Could I please ask that if your child no longer wishes to take part in any of the staff-led after school clubs, that you inform the office. We can then open up any places to other children – thank you
Attendance: The winning class this week is Year 1.
Key Stage 2 Praise
Year 3: Harriet, Eric and Hannah for amazing cavemen work.
Year 4: Ellie and Poppy for super theme work
Year 5: Abigail, Florence and Grace for incredible Maths and English work
Year 6: Theo, Charlotte and Naomi for quality description of pictures, in English
Friday 27th September will be Key Stage 1 praise, in school, please join us.
Reception: Aapo and Alexa
Year 1: Alfie
Year 2: Theo and Frankie
Year 3: Bea
Year 4: Poppy, Joshua and Max
Year 5: Florence
Year 6: Noah
Hawking (Yellow) in 1st place with 468 points, Attenborough (Red) in 2nd place with 456 points, Obama (Blue) in 3rd place with 444 points and Thunberg (Green) in 4th place with 411 points.
Ava – Reception
Ava excelled in her third ever-dancing competition making the final in the slow dance championships. She was placed 6th and in the semi- final for her fast dance. Well done Ava.
Breast Cancer - Fundraising
On Friday 18th October we will be holding a “wear pink” fundraising day for Breast Cancer Care.
Please can we ask that your child wears an item of pink clothing for the day, and a donation is sent in with your child. This will be a non-uniform day.
We give you our school. We give you all the teachers and staff who work here. We give you all the children who study here. We pray our school would be place of great discovery, adventure and creativity.
May it be a place where we love to learn and where we learn to love,
A place where everyone is respected and all are deeply valued. We ask all this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Wednesday 25th September: open day for new starters (2020) 9.30-11.30 &1.30-2.30
- Monday 30th September: Active Kids smile for a mile launch
- Wednesday 9th October: Harvest service for the whole school, in church 9.15 am. Winter uniform to be worn.
- Monday 14th October – Friday 18th October: Year 6 residential visit to Manor Adventure, Shropshire
- Tuesday 22nd October: 3.30-6pm Autumn Term Parents Evening 1
- Wednesday 6th November: Autumn Term Parents Evening 2
- Wednesday 20th November to Friday 22nd November: Year 4 residential to Beeston
- Thursday 12th December and Friday 13th December: Reception and Key Stage 1 to Plumley Village Hall all day
- Thursday 12th December and Friday 13th December: Reception and Key Stage 1 Christmas performance 1pm, at Plumley Village Hall
- Monday 16th December: Whole school trip to the pantomime - AM
- Tuesday 17th December and Wednesday 18th December: Key Stage 2 Christmas service, in church 2pm
- Thursday 19th December: Christmas dinner day and Christmas jumper day. Paul Storey Magician.