Weekly Newsletter - Friday 28th June 2019
I hope you all enjoy the fabulous exhibition today. The staff and children have worked incredibly hard to pull this event together.
Thank you to everyone who came and supported the Fair last week. It was a great afternoon in the sunshine. The Spring Queen and King looked amazing along with their Prince, Princess and attendants and the class dances were wonderful as always.
Thank you to everyone who baked cakes and to all those who volunteered to help on the day. Having enough people to cover the vintage games made such a difference and the children really threw themselves into the games, which was fantastic. Thank you to Elaine and her team for the time they spent cooking and serving the burgers and sausages and to Mr Williamson for organising the parking. A special thank you to all the staff and children for their hard work with the dances - they were fantastic!
We were so pleased that the children seemed to enjoy the vintage games so much. Every winner on a game received a token for his or her team. The results are as follows:
1st Yellow - 281 tokens
2nd Green - 224 tokens
3rd Red - 199 tokens
4th Blue - 198 tokens
Congratulations to the Yellow team who will receive a non-uniform day as their prize. This will be on Friday 5th July. The amount raised at this year’s Fair was £1482.37, which is a fantastic result especially given that the Fair had to be rearranged and attendance was down from last year.
Hoodwinked Production- Plumley Village Hall
Tickets for this production are now available on ParentPay. As in previous years, we encourage children to attend the production, with a family member at either showing. Children can be collected from school at 1pm and taken to Plumley. The show is suitable for the whole school. Please join us for one of the highlights of the year.
St Oswalds Church Fete – Saturday 6th July
The children need to arrive at school at 12.45 to be ready to dance at 1pm. Children will be dancing the same dances as our school fete on 22nd June. If you are unable to attend, please could you let the class teacher know. Thank you.
Non- Uniform day- Monday 1st July (donation)
A reminder that Monday is a non- uniform day to support the Meningitis Research Foundation.
Attendance – the class with the highest weekly attendance is Year 1- well done!
Dojo Winners- The winning team is Daley (blue) with 627 points.
Year 6: Olivia, Holly, Lottie
Year 5: Ben
Year 4: Freyja, Thomas
Year 3: Abi
Year 2: Lucy, Charlie
Year 1: Julia
Reception: Benjamin, Hugo
Dates for Summer Term
- Monday 1st July: Non- uniform day for donation- Meningitis (Edward Lawton)
- Wednesday 3rd July- Plants returned to school for the competition.
- Wednesday 3rd July: Eat with your child- Reception
- Friday 5th July: Non- uniform day for the yellow team
- Saturday 6th July: Church Fete
- 8th/9th /10th July Year 5/6 to Plumley Village Hall all day
- Tuesday 9th July: Year 6 SATS available for school to access
- Wednesday 10th July: Year 5/6 production 1.30pm and 6pm- all welcome
- Thursday 11th July: Year 6 to Astbury leavers service
- Thursday 11th July: 6pm New starters meeting
- 12th-14th July: CampFest
- Monday 15th July: 2.30 Parents transition meeting from EYFS to Year 1
- 16th/17th July: Transition to new classes and new Reception in school pm
- Friday 19th July: Reports sent home
- Wednesday 24th July: Year 6 leavers service 9.15 am