Weekly Newsletter – Friday 14th September 2018
The children have been extremely settled in school this week. The school displays are certainly coming together and are of a high quality. Some of these displays have been shared via Facebook.
Congratulations to Charlotte Green and Sophie Ritchings who both achieved DISTINCTION in the ‘LAMDA entry level award in communication (Level 3). Congratulations to Koby Rose who achieved a MERIT in level 1. Congratulations also to Darcey Barnhill who achieved DISTINCTION in level 4. We are very proud of you all.
Reception Children – Morning drop off
As the children are now comfortable with their morning routine, could we please ask that from Monday 17th September, you leave your child at the side entrance door, to be met by one of our members of staff, along with all the other children in school.
Friday 21st September- Jeans for genes
This day is designated to wear ‘jeans for genes’. Following the request from a parent, the fund raising for his day will be donated to the Ectodermal Dysplasia society (ED). We hope you will join us in raising money for this charity by wearing jeans for a small donation.
This has been arranged for Wednesday 26thth September from 9.30-11.30. If you know anyone who is interested in joining Lower Peover Primary School in September 2019 (or before), I would be grateful if you pass on this information. We currently have vacancies in Reception, Year 3, 5 and 6.
We have now completed the week 2 menu of meals, and like last week, they have been received well by children and staff. Please be aware, it is now possible for children to choose a cooked meal, any day they wish, even if they are usually on sandwiches from home.
Please can we ask that you keep your accounts in credit. If you fall into arrears, you will receive emails directly from Live Kitchen, please settle any arrears urgently. There are several methods of payment available;
- online by debit or credit card
- calling the customer support and making a payment over the telephone
- setting up a direct debit. Direct Debit works in arrears and are calculated from the actual meals your child has received. It is by far the easiest option, as once set up, you have peace of mind that your account will never go into debt.
The children who have achieved the most dojo points this week are:
Reception: Elliot Sales, Megan Evans
Year 1: Xander Slade, Hettie Daniels & Eliza Ellis
Year 2: India Brooks, Hannah Green
Year 3: Abi Simpson
Year 4: Henry Salter-Moore, Lily Jukes
Year 5: Charlotte Green
Year 6: Alex Page, Amy Shaw
The winning team this week is Green Team (Peake) with 660 dojo points
2nd: Blue Team (Daley)
3rd: Red Team (Rowling)
4th: Yellow Team (Malala)
The national expectation is 96% or higher.
The winners this week are: Reception & Year 6 with 100% – congratulations!
Year 1: 99.00%
Year 2: 98.39%
Year 3: 98.97%
Year 4: 97.50%
Year 5: 97.41%
Year 6: 100%
When the winning team receive 4 certificates they are rewarded with a non-uniform day.
Our prayers this week are for what we are most thankful for in creation. This week we have come together in the name of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to worship together and to think about our value thankfulness.
If you have any prayer requests, please email myself or pop in to see me. Thank you for the children (India, Charlotte and Emma) who have written a prayer to share with Esther McVey during Monday worship. Freya and Mai-Sze will be performing a duet on the piano.
Dates for Autumn 1:
- Friday 14th September: 2.30 pm Meeting for Year 3 parents re: Expectations in Year 3
- Monday 17th September: Ester McVey M.P to visit school 9.30 am
- Friday 21st September: Wear jeans for genes day (donation)
- Wednesday 26th September: Open morning for any new starters 9.30-11.30
- Wednesday 26th September: Years 3 and 4 to the ‘Cheshire Ploughing Match PM
- Friday 28th September: School photos for individuals and siblings (no church this day)
- Tuesday 2nd October: Key Strings performance to EYFS and KS1, then KS2 (funded by FLPS)
- Monday 8th/ Tuesday 9th October: Whole school art day event.
- Friday 12th October: 9.15am Harvest Festival Service in church, whole school.
- 15th to 19th October: Year 6 to Culmington Manor residential trip
- Wednesday 17th October: Year 5 to Chester Cathedral. Pilgrim Day
- Monday 22nd October: Reception stay and play session for parents 2.15pm
- Tuesday 23rd October: Parents evening for Years 1-6
- Thursday 25th October: Break up
- Friday 26th October: INSET day for staff (first aid training)
- Tuesday 6th November: Parents evening for Years 1-6