Weekly Newsletter – Friday 15th February 2019
Congratulations to Mischa Tham, who has been awarded Grade 1 ballet from the Laura Wilson School of Dance.
Canon Chancellor Award 2019
I am pleased to let you know that Year 3 and Year 5 are joint winners in the Canon Chancellor Award from Chester Cathedral. With the guidance of Mr. Jay Stannard the children have written the lyrics and music for two songs – you can hear the final songs on Facebook. Mrs Maddock and Miss Moores will take 4 children to receive the award on Tuesday March 5th. The school have also won a free trip for 32 children to visit the Cathedral, plus £200 towards transport costs. CONGRATULATIONS!
North West Air Ambulance Charity
Thank you for your donations to the Air Ambulance service. We presented the charity with a cheque for £330. Mr Bradley enjoyed being dressed up as Paramedic Pup!
Cluster Schools Football
On Monday evening six of our Year 4 children took part in the cluster schools 5 a side football competition at Holmes Chapel High School. The boys played very well and came third in their group, narrowly missing out on second place. All the boys showed great team work and determination on the night. Well done!
The next event is Hockey on Monday 4th March…
Parents Spelling Workshop – 27th February
On Wednesday 27th February we will be holding a spelling workshop for parents and children. It will run in the Year 2 classroom 3:30pm – 4:30pm. There will be spelling strategies, ideas and activities on offer, suitable for all children, which you can take part in together and even be some prizes on offer. We hope this will help you to support your children further with learning and retaining their spellings at home whilst reinforcing the importance of spelling for our children in the current curriculum. We look forward to seeing you all there!
World Book Day- 7th March
On Thursday 7th March we invite all children (and staff) to dress up as their favourite book character. There will be a prize for each year group. The Book Fair will be in School week commencing 4th March, the children will receive a £1 book token to go towards the cost of a book. You are invited to visit the Book Fair with your child on 7th March from 9am in the school Hall.
Parents Evening Reception – Year 6
This year’s parents’ evening will continue to take on the format trialed in Autumn term. You will be invited to visit your child’s / children’s classrooms to view their books, etc. You will then make your way down to the hall, where you will be seated. In order for teachers to keep to your scheduled appointments, teachers will ensure that the ten-minute slots will be adhered to. We will again be using our online booking system, which opens on Friday 15th February 2019 at 7pm.
Please use the following link:
A big thank you again to everyone involved in the organisation of the Quiz and to everyone who entered a team. Not only was the night really fun but we raised £345.40 for our school! We hope to repeat the success of this event with another Quiz soon.
- Peake (green) in first place with 470 points
- Malala(yellow) in second place with 468 points
- Daley (blue) in third place with 431 points
- Rowling(red) in fourth place with 430 points
The overall winning team for this half term is Peake (green) with 2853 points. They have been awarded a non-uniform day on Friday 1st March
Class Dojo Masters
- Reception: Megan Evans
- Year 1: Emmy Tomlisson, Hayden Savage
- Year 2: India Brooks, Hannah Green
- Year 3: Summer- Louise Barnett
- Year 4: Dilys Birks, Joe Amoore
- Year 5: Naomi Stead
- Year 6: Ethan Fiske, Jenson Swain
I hope you all have a lovely half term break. I have a few activities arranged with my granddaughters and elderly mother so, I hope the weather remains good for us all. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Dates for Spring Term:
- Friday 15th February: Break up for half term.
- Monday 25th February: 2.15 pm Reception stay and play
- Friday 1st March- non- uniform day for the GREEN team
- Monday 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th March. Bikeability for Year 6
- Thursday 7th March: World Book Day/Book Fair
- Wednesday 6th March: Year 1 parents invited to eat lunch with your child.
- Tuesday 12th March: Parents Evening 1 3.30-6.10pm
- Friday 15th March: Red Nose Day
- Wednesday 20th March: Parents Evening 2 3.30-6.10pm
- Thursday 21st March: Own clothes and odd socks day for Downs Syndrome awareness (plus sale of gingerbread biscuits)
- Wednesday 27th March: Whole school Easter service in church at 9.15 am