Weekly Newsletter – Friday 16th November 2018
Reminder: Further opportunities to share your child’s work – Thursday 22ndNovember 2-3pm Years 1 and 2
A few parents expressed a desire to see the children at work, during the school day and spend some time looking at your child’s work in the classroom environment. This currently works very well for Reception parents who visit school for ‘stay and play sessions. We have therefore arranged the following sessions if you would like to come into school, take part in the lesson and share work.
We have planned these sessions as follows:
- Thursday 22nd November 2pm for Year 1 and Year 2
- Thursday 5th December for Year 3 and Year 4
- Tuesday 11th December for Year 5 and Year 6
A big well done to the key stage two children who represented us at Holmes Chapel on Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, in the cluster schools Boccia tournaments:
Thomas Belton Elliot Long
Alyssa Rowley Lilly Jukes
Ben Randall Jacob Mallows
Lilly Maltby-James Millie Rutter
Both the Year 3/4 and Year 5/6 children came 3rd in their mini leagues.
Church Service- Friday 23rd November 9.10 am
On Friday 23rd November 2018 Rev. Jane Lloyd will be sharing a children’s Eucharist service with Key Stage 2 children. Please join us, if you are available.
Please submit any holiday or exceptional circumstances requests on the official form, available from the office or on the website (see link below). I would kindly ask that you do not email class teachers directly. I am only allowed to authorise holidays for exceptional circumstances.
Morning Drop Off
Thank you for adhering to the drop off times in the morning. Attendance and lateness is improving dramatically in school. Please can I remind parents/carers that we encourage the children to come into school on their own, as it is a time for the teachers to be preparing for the morning session. If your child arrives late, please take them to the main entrance where they can make their way to class – parents are asked to leave the children at the main entrance and not to accompany them into school. A member of staff will assist if necessary.
Also, adults are not allowed in school without being signed in, via the office system. If you need to get a message to the teacher, please call at the office or send an email.
The children who have achieved the most dojo points this week are:
Reception: Ellie Harding
Year 1: Marley Maynard
Year 2: To be announced next week
Year 3: Naomi Porteous
Year 4: Joshua Rendell
Year 5: Lucas Arcatinis, India Harby
Year 6: Alex Page, Logan Gorton
The winning team this week is Red (Rowling) with 458 dojo points
2nd: 457 points
3rd: 453 points
4th: 423 points
The winner this week is: Year 1 with 100% – congratulations
Year 1: 100%
Year 2: 98.06%
Year 3: 96.55%
Year 4: 92.81%
Year 5: 97.41%
Year 6: 98.15%
It is now just 2 weeks until the Christmas Fair! We have some amazing raffle prizes and the children will soon be busy making festive gifts to sell at the Fair.
Volunteer Sign Up
The Volunteer Sign Up is now live, and the link is www.volunteersignup.org/3HPHD Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far – we really appreciate your support. If you haven’t had chance to sign up yet please do so if you are able. The Christmas Fair simply cannot go ahead without the support of parents on the night. We really want to raise as much as we possibly can for our lovely school so please support with an hour of your time if you can.
Just a reminder that the next two Fridays are also non-uniform days – Friday 23 November is in exchange for unwanted gifts and Friday 30 November for tombola prizes.
We are running a second-hand book stall at the Fair. If you can donate any books, please can you drop them off at the office.
Second Hand Toy Stall
There will be a second-hand toy stall at the Fair which will be run using donated toys. It will be a perfect opportunity to look for some pre-Christmas bargains whilst raising money for School at the same time. If you have any toys, craft, teddies or fancy dress that your children no longer want and would like to donate them please contact Lisa Brierley or a member of the FLPS committee.
We have some amazing raffle prizes this year! A full list of the raffle prizes plus 20 blank tickets will be sent home in bookbags, so please look out for them. Please complete your details on any tickets you would like to purchase, cut them out and place them in the envelope provided with your payment. Please then return these to your child’s class teacher. More tickets are available at the Office if you need them.
There are some great photos from the Ball that are available to purchase. They won’t be available for much longer so make sure you don’t miss out! All proceeds from the sale of the photographs go to FLPS. The link is www.wildchildphotos.zenfolio.com/p376163204?customize=3 The password is LowerPeoverCourthouse
I hope you have a lovely weekend. This week our prayers have been related to ‘Children in Need’.
Dates for Autumn:
- Thursday 22nd November: 2-3pm Parents from Year 1 and 2 to attend school and spend an hour in the classroom.
- Friday 23rd November: Eucharist in church for KS2 children only- please join us at 9.10 am
- Monday 26th November: 2.15pm Stay and Play for Reception
- Tuesday 27th November: Flu Vaccination for Reception to Year 5
- Wednesday 5th December: 2pm Parents from Years 3 and 4 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Friday 23 November – non-uniform day (Unwanted Gifts)
- Friday 30 November – non-uniform day (Tombola)
- Monday 3rd December: Closing date for the Christmas Eye Candy Competition.
- Tuesday 11th December: 2pm Parents from Years 5 and 6 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Wednesday 12th & Thursday 13th KS1 children in Plumley all day. Afternoon performances 1pm.
- Friday 14th December: Oliver Production in school- whole school (£1.50)
- Monday 17th December: Cinderella- Whole School
- Tuesday 18th December/ Wednesday 19th December: KS2 production in church 1.30pm
- Thursday 20th December: Christmas Lunch for the children and staff.
- Friday 21st December: Paul Storey Magician pm for KS1 and KS2 separately.
- Friday 21st December: 3.15 School Closes