Weekly Newsletter – Friday 17th May 2019
A HUGE well done to Year 6 for showing such aptitude this week in the KS2 SATS. We are all very proud of you! Thank you to Kara Dexter for providing all the Year 6 children and staff with some AMAZING cakes – please see Facebook. Next week, the Year 6 children are off to London to visit museums, the London Eye, experience a boat ride down the Thames and watch ‘WICKED’. A well-deserved treat after working so hard all year!
Go Tri Schools Duathlon Event- Wednesday 22nd May
On Wednesday two of our children, Edward and Anna, are taking part in this event. They are both members of the Knutsford Tri Club Juniors. Any children can take part in this event. If you wish to attend, please go to Knutsford Leisure tennis courts (near the car park) for 3.45pm. All is needed is a bike that can be ridden on grass, in good working order with a helmet and a bottle of water and suitable clothing for running and cycling.
Events will be split into year groups, with Y3/4 completing a 400m run, 800m bike and 200m run. Year 5/6 completing a 1000m run, 2000 bike and 400m run. The event is expected to finish around 4.30pm.
It would be amazing to see some Lower Peover children taking part.
If your child needs medication, please can you bring it to the office with the appropriate form completed. Please do not send it in the in your child’s book- bag.
Sports Day Tuesday 21st May
Sports day for Reception and KS1 will start at 9.15 am on Tuesday morning. This usually finishes around 11.15am. Sports day for KS2 will start at 1pm and usually fishes around 2.45pm. The children need to wear a coloured T Shirt relating to their team colour, have a water bottle, hat and sunscreen. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.
High School Transition Days for Year 6
The two days arranged for transition are 12th and 20th June. Therefore, eat with your child, in school, will only be for Year 5 on 12thJune.
Thank you for your support in our school uniform policy. We have listened to feedback and discussed this with the Governors. The final agreed policy will be sent out later today. Please note, all lost property will be displayed on a table at each side of school, on the last 2 days of each half term to enable items to be collected.
GOOFUS in association with Filament PROJECTS presents: UNDER DIFFERENT SKIES
This event about fantastic tales for young and old (being directed by one of our parents) is being held at 11.30 am on Saturday 18thMay 2019 at 11.30 am. The theatre performance is FREE for children and families.
Thursday 23rd May – School Closure
Reminder that school is closed on Thursday
Whole Class Photographs
This has been arranged for Monday 10th June for whole class photographs and individual photographs for Year 6 children. In the event of the weather being poor, a reserve date of Monday 17th June has been arranged.
Thank you to everyone who has returned the smartie tubes. The final amount raised is £599.60. Thank you to Janet Bromley and Martin Hughes for arranging this fund-raising event. The winning team is the yellow team and they have been awarded with a non- uniform day on the last day of term
Mr B’s Bingo
We hope the children are all really looking forward to Mr B’s bingo tonight. Those going from KS1 will go straight to the hall at the end of school. Their bingo will finish at 4.30pm. Please collect them from the main entrance to the school where they will be signed out.
The KS2 bingo will begin at 5pm and will finish at 6.30pm. Again, please collect the children from the main entrance to the school where they will be signed out.
The rearranged Spring Fair (now the Summer Fair) will take place on Saturday 22 June between 1pm and 3.30pm. The format will be exactly the same with the Queen and King being crowned at around 2pm followed by the class dances. We will close all stalls and the bar from 2pm until the end of the dancing so that no one misses their child’s performance. We have cleared all the slots on the Volunteer sign-up sheet. As always, we really need help from parents and carers to make the event a success. If you are able to help in advance or on the day, please sign up at www.volunteersignup.org/BJFEJ
Church Flower Festival- competition – thank you to those parents who have already replied. We now have 20 entries but would LOVE to have some more.
The children of Lower Peover have been invited to join in a competition to fill a wellie or fill a pot, or any suitable container with flowers to line the church footpath. Please could your entries be in school by Wednesday 3rd July. There will be a prize for one child in each class. We are looking forward to receiving your wonderful creations.
Please could you email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to enter the competition, so we have a record of how many wellies/pots etc to expect. Thank you!
Attendance – the class with the highest weekly attendance is Year 6 with 98.89%– well done! Possibly due to KS2 SATS!!!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Dates for Summer Term until 24th May
- Tuesday 21st May: Sports Day KS1 9.15, KS2 1pm
- 23rd May: School Closed for Polling
- 23rd– 24th May: Year 6 trip to London with Mr. Haslam, Mr Bradley, Mrs Lamb and Miss Tinker
- Friday 24th May: Yellow team non-uniform day. Break up at 3.15pm
- Monday 3rd June: School opens 8.40 am
- Tuesday 4th June: Whole school visit to Chester Zoo
- Wednesday 5th June: Reception & Year 6 Height and weight check
- Monday 10th June: Whole Class Photographs plus individual Year 6
- Week beginning 10th June: Year 1 phonics check
- Wednesday 12th June: Year 6 to HCCS
- Friday 14th June: National dementia awareness cupcake sale- Jess in Year 6
- Tuesday 18th June: Year 6 transition talk led by the police
- Wednesday 19th June: INSET (Cheshire Show)
- Thursday 20th June: Year 6 to HCCS – transition
- Saturday 22nd June: Rescheduled Spring fete
- Monday 24th June: Assembly led by past pupil Edward Lawton re fundraising event.
- Friday 28th June: Zoo exhibition in school for everyone to visit
- Wednesday 3rd July: Eat with your child- Reception
- Wednesday 3rd July: Return of Planted Wellies/Pots for competition
- Thursday 4th July: 6pm New starters meeting
- Saturday 6th July: Church fete
- 8th/9th /10th July: Year 5/6 to Plumley Village Hall all day
- Tuesday 9th July: Year 6 SATS available for school to access
- Wednesday 10th July: Year 5/6 production 1.30pm and 6pm- all welcome
- Thursday 7th July: Year 6 to Astbury leavers service
- 16th/17th July: Transition to new classes and new Reception in school pm
- Friday 19th July: Reports sent home
- Wednesday 24th July: Year 6 leavers service 9.15 am