Weekly Newsletter – Friday 19th October 2018
This morning we enjoyed a lovely collective worship in Church where Rev. Lloyd spoke about the story of Elijah- if you share your last loaf, your flour and olive oil will never run out. Those of us who have so much, if you share you will be bless by God.
This week the Blue team (Daley) won with 427 points
Green (Peake): 2nd with 392 points
Yellow (Malala): 3rd with 377 points
Red (Rowling): 4th with 370 points
Reception: Hugo Binyon
Year 1: Sydney Riley
Year 2: Hannah Green, Caitlin Mackle, Harriet Duerden
Year 3: Freddie Entwistle
Year 4: Kate Keen
Year 5: Scarlett Rennie
Attendance: This week’s winners with 100% is Year 4 – well done!
Year 1: 98.00%
Year 2: 98.06%
Year 3: 93.10%
Year 5: 97.41%
Themed School Dinner
There will be a Bonfire Night themed menu for school lunch on Monday 5th November. You can order in the usual way, either by pre-order at home or in school on the morning of the 5thNovember. If your child usually has a packed lunch but would like to join in they are welcome to do so. Please can we ask that your Live Kitchen account is in credit. Thank you
Hot dog with Fried Onions Oven Baked Wedges
Vegetarian Hot Dog with Fried Onions Mixed Salad
Macaroni Cheese Coleslaw
Stuffed Jacket Potato Sweetcorn
Chocolate Cookie Fresh Fruit Salad
Iced Lemon Sponge Yoghurt
Year 4 Remembrance Service
On Sunday 11th November, at 6:45pm, there will be a Remembrance event held at our church, St Oswald’s. Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the end of World War 1. The children of the school will be creating a Remembrance Day display board, which will be exhibited at the event.
The children of Year 4 have also been invited to perform a song at the event, ‘It’s a long way to Tipperary’. They will practising this in school in preparation.
Please could you let Mr. Bradley know whether you and your children are able to attend.
Fairtrade Event for Year 3 – Thursday 25th October
On Thursday 25th October at 2 pm, Year 3 are hosting a Fairtrade event for their family. The children will be serving cakes and drinks made using Fairtrade products and all donations given on the day will be given to the Fairtrade corporation. In addition, the children will deliver a short talk on the subject to raise awareness with the purpose of continuing the support for this very worthy charity. The children have loved learning about this as part of their Christianity theme ‘Creation’ and it has really helped them to consider how we can all look after the wider world. We hope you will support us and we look forward to seeing you there.
Parents Evening Year 1 – Year 6
This year’s parents’ evening will take on a new format, agreed by the governors. You will be invited to visit their child’s / children’s classrooms to view their books, etc. You will then make your way down to the hall, where you will be seated. In order for teachers to keep to your scheduled appointments, teachers will ensure that the ten-minute slots will be adhered to. However, in response to the recent survey, if you feel you need more time to discuss progress with the class teacher please make another appointment on the evening and they will meet you again. We will again be using our online booking system, which opens on Friday 5th October at 7pm.
Please use the following link:
The Spooky Discos are taking place on Monday 22nd October and tickets are now available on ParentPay. Reception and KS1 disco is straight from school until 5pm and the KS2 disco is 5.30pm until 7pm. There will be lots of prizes for the best spooky fancy dress costume (although there is no obligation is your child does not want to get dressed up). We know that it is Reception’s first school disco so we will make sure that there are accompanied to the hall, the music isn’t too loud and for those children who need a break (Reception or otherwise) we have a colouring and other activities for them in a quieter area.
The cost is £5 which includes a hotdog, chocolate crispie cake and a drink. Please let Debbie or your class rep know if there are any dietary requirements.
Thank you to everyone who has responded to Debbie’s Facebook post and volunteered to help out before she had even asked! As a result, we do not require any more volunteers for KS1 disco. We do need a couple more crispie cake makers and a volunteer to buy the prizes (we will reimburse). Please let Debbie know if you are able to assist.
If you have any prayer requests, please email myself or pop in to see me.
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Dates for Autumn A:
- Monday 22nd October: Reception stay and play session for parents 2.15pm
- Tuesday 23rd October: Parents evening for Years 1-6
- Thursday 25th October: Break up
- Thursday 25th October: Fair trade event for Year 3- see above
- Friday 26th October: INSET day for staff (first aid training)
- Monday 5th November: School opens 8.40 am
- Tuesday 6th November: Parents evening for Years 1-6
- Wednesday 7th– 9th November: Beeston Residential for Year 4
- Friday 16th November: Children in Need Day. £2 to purchase a wrist band and possible bake sale (School Council)
- Friday 23rd November: Eucharist in church for KS2 children only- please join us at 9.10 am
- Monday 26th November: 2.15pm Stay and Play for Reception
- Tuesday 27th November: Flu Vaccination for Reception to Year 5
- Wednesday 5th December: 2pm Parents from Years 3 and 4 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Tuesday 11th December: 2pm Parents from Years 5 and 6 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th KS1 children in Plumley all day. Afternoon performances 1pm.
- Friday 14th December: Oliver Production in school- whole school (£1.50)
- Monday 17th December: Cinderella- Whole School
- Tuesday 18th December/ Wednesday 19th December: KS2 production in church 1.30pm
- Friday 21st December: Paul Storey Magician pm for KS1 and KS2 separately.
- Friday 21st December: 3.15 School Closes