Weekly Newsletter – Friday 1st February 2019
Congratulations to Sophie Ritchings and Naomi Stead who have both been highly commended in recent dance examinations for street dance.
School Key Stage 1 Play Area.
At the school last health and safety review we discussed the use of school play equipment by pupils during pick up and drop off, at times where cars enter the school playground. It was advised that the play equipment is not used during this this time to avoid children coming into contact with a moving vehicle. It is not possible to have a fence around the play area, as we have to ensure a right of way for large farming machinery. This was investigated when the play area was installed.
Therefore, please can you ensure that children do not play on the area until all cars have left the playground and the gate is closed. Thank you.
Today is the last day to buy tickets for the Quiz, which is taking place on the 7th February 2019 at School. Its £10 a ticket and you can purchase them on ParentPay. The £10 includes a curry dinner.
Due to an intermittent error on ParentPay, the deadline for purchasing tickets has been extended until Monday 4th February.
All teams need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any special dietary requirements. We have agreed to teams of 7 if required.
Malala: 1st with 435 points
Peake: 2nd with 448 points
Rowling:3rd with 435 points
Daley: 4th with 422 points
Class Dojo Masters
Reception: Florence Liggett and Hugo Kellett
Year 1: Hettie Daniels and Frankie Potts
Year 2: Lucy Burgoyne and Erin Fairfield
Year 3: Harry Wither
Year 4: Daniel Dodd and Grace Varty
Year 5: Lilly Maltby- James
Year 6: Rihanna Middlehurst
Special Dojo Award: Harriet Duerden has been awarded a special certificate this week for bravery. Congratulations Harriet from everyone at school.
The winner this week is: Year 6 with 98.89%
Year 1: 94%
Year 2: 92.90%
Year 3: 84.48%
Year 4 : 92.81%
Year 5: 95%
Year 6: 98.89%
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Dates for Spring Term:
- Wednesday 6th February: Year 2 parents invited for lunch
- Wednesday 13th February: Choir to the ‘Young Voices’ concert
- Friday 15th February: Break up for half term.
- Monday 25th February: 2.15 pm Reception stay and play
- Monday 4th March- 6th: Bikeability for Year 6
- Wednesday 6th March: Year 1 parents invited to eat lunch with your child.
- Tuesday 12th March: Parents Evening 1 3.30-6pm
- Wednesday 20th March: Parents Evening 2 3.30-6pm
- Thursday 21st March: Own clothes and odd socks day for Downs Syndrome awareness (plus sale of gingerbread biscuits)
- Wednesday 27th March: Whole school Easter service in church at 9.15 am