Weekly Newsletter – Friday 1st March 2019
I hope you had a lovely half term. The children have settled back into school life; it is lovely to have some nicer weather. The bookings for the Year 1 parents to join us next week, for lunch, have now closed.
Artsmark Gold Award
We are proud to have received our Artsmark Gold certificate today.
Canon Chancellor Award 2019
Miss. Moores and Mrs Maddock will be travelling to Chester Cathedral next week, with 4 children, to receive our award. The pictures will be posted on Facebook.
Parents Spelling Workshop – 27th February
Thank you to all the parents who attended, we hope you found the session useful.
World Book Day- 7th March
On Thursday 7th March we invite all children (and staff) to dress up as their favourite book character. There will be a prizes and Dojo’s given to first- and second-best costumes in each year group. This year the theme is all about sharing books. All children are asked to bring in a book they no longer want, for our ‘swap stall’ that will be running during the day. The children will then choose a book they like from the stall that another child has donated.
We are also asking parents/grandparents or other family members to volunteer in your child’s class to be a guest reader at a time that suits. Please contact your child’s class teacher directly to volunteer.
Bikeability – Year 6
Bikeability is underpinned by the National Standard for cycle training; a government-recognised set of principles for better and safer cycling. Bikeability is an improved, updated and more relevant version of the old cycling proficiency scheme, delivered by professional instructors. The Year 6 children will receive their training next week, in school, for 4 days.
Parents Evening – All Years (Tuesday 12th March and Wednesday 20th March)
This year’s parents’ evening will continue to take on the format trialled in Autumn term. You will be invited to visit their child’s / children’s classrooms to view their books, etc. You will then make your way down to the hall, where you will be seated. To ensure teachers to keep to your scheduled appointments, teachers will ensure that the ten-minute slots will be adhered to. We will again be using our online booking system, which opens on Friday 15th February 2019.
Please use the following link:
This week, school uniform was discussed by the governors. Mr. Haslam is now creating an updated school uniform policy, to be shared with parents, before the Easter break. The policy will detail the summer and winter options, P.E kits, bags allowed in school, jewellery / hair expectations. In addition, it will show expectations for uniform to be worn at Harvest, Christmas, Christingle and Easter Services. The policy will be implemented from September 2019.
- Peake (green) in first place with 486 points
- Malala (yellow) in second place with 461 points
- Daley (blue) in second place with 461 points
- Rowling (red) in fourth place with 449 points
Class Dojo Masters
- Reception: Rory Buchanan, Freya Stimpson
- Year 1: Isabella Losper
- Year 2: India Brooks, Abi Simpson
- Year 3: Summer-Louise Barnett
- Year 4: Isabelle Fletcher, Kitty Moore
- Year 5: Sidney Causer
- Year 6: Ethan Fiske, Edward Webb
The winning class is Year 1 with 99.67% – congratulations!
Year 2: 98.71%
Year 3: 97.24%
Year 4: 98.06%
Year 5: 97.14%
Year 6: 98.52%
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Dates for Spring Term:
- Monday 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th March. Bikeability for Year 6
- Wednesday 6th March: Year 1 parents invited to eat lunch with your child – please arrive at 12 noon.
- Tuesday 12th March: Parents Evening 1 3.30-6.10pm
- Friday 15th March: Red Nose Day
- Wednesday 20th March: Parents Evening 2 3.30-6.10pm
- Thursday 21st March: Own clothes and odd socks day for Downs Syndrome awareness (plus sale of gingerbread biscuits)
Wednesday 27th March: Whole school Easter service in church at 9.15 am