Weekly Newsletter – Friday 21st December 2018
It has been a lovely week in school building up to the Christmas break: Pantomime, Key Stage 2 Christmas Production and the Magician for Key Stage 1 and 2. Thank you for joining us to celebrate Christmas with Key Stage 2 this week, the INN-Spector’s approach to the arrival of baby Jesus was enjoyed by many.
Congratulations to Lily Jukes who achieved DISTINCTION in her grade 1 violin exam, an amazing achievement.
Dojo Winners (last week and this week)
Reception: Oscar Gilmore, William Ellis, Benjamin Monument, Lexy Genovese-King
Year 1: Eliza Ellis, Isabella Losper, Hayden Savage, Sebastian Sivoyaham
Year 2: Josh Stubbs. Bea Sumpter. Tabitha Williamson
Year 3: Abi Simpson, Lisa Burnside, Eva Roberts, Yasmine Tham
Year 4: Edward Thomas, Molly Selkirk
Year 5: Shania Middlehurst, Emma Lawrence, Charlotte Green
Year 6: Rihanna Middlehurst, Lottie Evenden- Powell
Termly Team Dojo Points
The Blue team is awarded a non- uniform day on Friday 11th January.
The winner this week is: Year 3 with 96.55%
Year 1: 93.67%
Year 2: 94.19%
Year 4: 94.06%
Year 5: 92.50%
Year 6: 93.33%
Thank you to all the children for designing such wonderful Christmas Cards/ Mugs and thank you to everyone who purchased the cards and mugs. We raised £378.
The FLPS Committee would like to thank each and every one of you for your support of the FLPS’ events in 2018 and we would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas!
Clubs Spring 2019
Monday: Multi Sports, dodgeball, tennis, tag rugby, athletics, archery (Coach Dave)
Monday: Multi Activity Club ‘The Greatest Showman’ crafts, dance, games, parachute, circus yoga.
Tuesday: Football (Coach Dave)
Wednesday: Choir (until the Young Voices)- Mrs Maddock
Thursday: Cookery (years 5/6) (Mrs Lawrence and Mrs Lamb) Tag rugby, athletics (Coach Dave)
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas break and I wish you every happiness for 2019. A reminder that swimming starts for Year 3 on our return, in January.
Dates for Spring Term:
- Monday 7th January 2019: INSET
- Tuesday 8th January: School opens for children
- Wednesday 9th January: Swimming for Year 3 starts
- Friday 11th January: Non- uniform day the BLUE team
- Monday 14th January: Reception stay and play 2pm
- Wednesday 16th January: Year 6 children to Chester Cathedral (Christingle)
- Tuesday 22nd January: 9am Bags2school collected
- Wednesday 23rd January: Christingle 2pm Key Stage 1, 6pm Key Stage 2
- Tuesday 29th January: Global theme day in school
- Thursday 31st January: Year 4 Viking experience in school/ Year 3 Prehistoric day
- Wednesday 6th February: Year 2 parents invited for lunch
- Wednesday 13th February: Choir to the ‘Young Voices’ concert
- Friday 15th February: Break up for half term.