Weekly Newsletter – Friday 23rd November 2018
Church Service- Eucharist
Thank you to Rev. Jane Lloyd for leading a Eucharist Service for Key Stage 2 this morning. It was a very moving occasion.
SIAMS Inspection – Thursday 29th November 2018
On Thursday, next week, we have our 5-year SIAMS inspection. This is a new inspection schedule which looks at the following areas, all with a focus on our Christian vision:
- Vision and leadership,
- Wisdom, knowledge and skills
- Character Development: Hope, Aspiration and Courageous Advocacy
- Community and Living Well Together
- Dignity and Respect
- The impact of collective worship
- The effectiveness of religious education
Flu Vaccinations – Reception to Year 5 inclusive
A reminder that Flu Vaccinations take place on Tuesday 27th November. If you have not yet returned your consent form, please do so on Monday morning at the latest – the school nursing team are coming to collect any missing forms. Please return even if you are not consenting, as this will stop any further contact with you. If your form has not been received by Tuesday morning, your child will not receive the nasal spray, but you may still be contacted to attend a separate session at another clinic.
The Christmas Fair is just one week away. The preparations are almost final for a very festive start to the Christmas Season. Thank you to everyone who has donated their time to the event and for all the donations of ‘unwanted gifts’ today. The event simply couldn’t run without that support. Please don’t forget that next Friday is also a non-uniform day in exchange for tombola prizes (chocolates or a bottle of booze).
Volunteer Sign Up
Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far to help on the night. The response has been great especially over the last few days. There are still a couple of slots left so please sign up if you haven’t had chance already. The event relies on volunteers to be a success and of course don’t forget that everyone who signs up for an hour or more is added to a prize draw and has the chance of winning 6 bottles of prosecco. The link to sign up is www.volunteersignup.org/3HPHD
Volunteer signup sheet
The raffle prizes this year are out of this world! A 7-night break for 2 adults and up to 4 children at a Eurocamp Parc along with return P&O Dover to Calais crossing, 4 executive tickets to MUFU v Fulham, Christmas Dinner for 6, an overnight stay for 2 at Cranage Hall, a personal training package and a mini photo shoot to name just a few…
Blank raffle tickets were sent home in bookbags last week. Please complete you details, cut the tickets out and return them to the FLPS box along with the correct money for a chance to win one of the fantastic prizes on offer. More tickets are available from the Office.
The donations form easyfundraising have started coming in so thank you to everyone who has signed up! Just a reminder that FLPS is listed as a Good Cause on the easyfundraising website. This is a fantastic way to raise money for the school without it costing you a penny. Simply log on to www.easyfundraising.org.uk and create an account, nominating FLPS as your chosen Good Cause. After you have created an account you will be able top shop online at many big retailers such as John Lewis, Sainsburys, Amazon and Marks & Spencer and each time you make a purchase the retailer will make a donation to FLPS. It is also possible to download the easyfundraising app to make the process even easier.
The children who have achieved the most dojo points this week are:
Reception: Flossie Liggett
Year 1: Theo O’Shea
Year 2: Lucas Fiske (last week) Daisy South (this week)
Year 3: Benjamin Grierson
Year 4: Will Sumpter, Taya Owen
Year 5: Koby Rose
Year 6: Archie Newton/ Oliver Perry
The winning team this week is Malala with 422 dojo points
2nd: Daley- 416
3rd: Peake- 398
4th: Rowling- 383
The winner this week is: Year 5 with 100%
Year 1: 96%
Year 2: 98.71%
Year 3: 97.59%
Year 4: 94.69%
Year 5 : 100%
Year 6: 92.22%
I hope you have a lovely weekend. I am off to Manchester Christmas Markets. This week our prayers have been related to our collective worship theme of trust and our heartsmart themes. Christmas songs are well underway!
Dates for Autumn:
- Monday 26th November: 2.15pm Stay and Play for Reception
- Tuesday 27th November: Flu Vaccination for Reception to Year 5
- Wednesday 5th December: 2pm Parents from Years 3 and 4 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Friday 30 November – non-uniform day (Tombola) Christmas Fair: 5.30-7.30pm
- Monday 3rd December: Closing date for the Christmas Eye Candy Competition.
- Tuesday 11th December: 2pm Parents from Years 5 and 6 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th KS1 children in Plumley all day. Afternoon performances 1pm.
- Friday 14th December: Oliver Production in school- whole school (£1.50)
- Monday 17th December: Cinderella- Whole School – AM Performance
- Tuesday 18th December/ Wednesday 19th December: KS2 production in church 1.30pm
- Thursday 20th December: Christmas Lunch for the children and staff.
- Friday 21st December: Paul Storey Magician pm for KS1 and KS2 separately.
- Friday 21st December: 3.15 School Closes