Weekly Newsletter – Friday 28th September 2018
Thank you to everyone who has returned the school survey. If you would like to complete a survey, please could you send it into school by Friday 5th October.
Parents Evening – Year 1 to Year 6 inclusive – Tuesday 23rd October & Tuesday 6th November 2018 (3.30-6pm)
This year’s parents’ evenings will take on a new format, agreed by the governors. You will be invited to visit your child’s/children’s classrooms to view their books. You will then make your way down to the hall, where you will be seated. In order keep to the scheduled appointment times, teachers will ensure that the ten-minute slots are adhered to. If additional time is needed, a further appointment can be arranged at a day/time that best suits you. We will again be using our online booking system, which opens on Friday 5th October at 7pm for both evenings. Please use the following link: https://lowerpeover.parentseveningsystem.co.uk
Harvest Festival – Church Friday 12th October 2018 9.15 am
We hope you can join us for our Harvest Festival. This year we are supporting two excellent causes: the local food bank and also our Ugandan twinned school Lwabaswa in Bubembe. Please send in tinned goods and a £1 donation if you wish to support these causes. Recent pictures sent from Bubembe:
Fri 12th October 9.30 – 11.30 a.m.
The Scholastic book fair is in school from Monday 8th Oct. This is an opportunity for you and your child to buy books but the school also benefits with commission worth up to 60% of total sales – last year we were able to provide £741 of teaching resources.
Children will be visiting the fair with their class teacher. They can bring money into school to spend (in a named envelope please) or complete a wish list to take home for parents to see – there is, of course, no obligation to buy any of the books listed!
Parents and friends are invited to visit the book fair after the Harvest Festival on
Friday 12th October
Please note – all orders and payments must be received before noon on Fri 12th Oct.
Thank you for your support.
Kathy McIntyre 07977653181
The children who have achieved the most dojo points this week are:
Reception: Ellie Harding
Year 1: Sydney Riley, Frankie Potts
Year 2: Phillipa Wilson
Year 3: Sophie Burgess, Jayden Kinder
Year 4: Dilys Birks, Isabelle Fletcher
Year 5: Noah Slade
Year 6: Jess Atherton
The winning team this week is Peake (Green) with 373 dojo points
2nd: Blue with 355
3rd: Yellow with 354
4th: Red with 352
The national expectation is 96% or higher.
The winner this week is: Year 4 with 98.75%
Year 1: 97.00%
Year 2: 95.16%
Year 3: 98.62%
Year 5: 96.30%
Year 6: 98.52%
When the winning team receive 4 certificates they are rewarded with a non-uniform day.
Our prayers this week are in relation to our school and community. If you have any prayer requests, please email myself or pop in to see me.
I hope you have a lovely weekend. A quiet weekend for me, as the British Eventing season draws to a close, time for BSJA show jumping instead!
Dates for Autumn 1:
- Tuesday 2nd October: Key Strings performance to EYFS and KS1, then KS2 (funded by FLPS)
- Friday 5th October; No church as Jane is on a course.
- Friday 5th October: Parents Evening appointment system opens at 7pm
- Monday 8th/ Tuesday 9th October: Whole school art day event.
- Tuesday 9th October: FLPS AGM at 6pm, at school.
- Friday 12th October: 9.15 Harvest Festival Service in church, whole school.
- 15th to 19th October: Year 6 to Culmington Manor residential trip
- Wednesday 17th October: Year 5 to Chester Cathedral. Pilgrim Day
- Monday 22nd October: Reception stay and play session for parents 2.15pm
- Tuesday 23rd October: Parents evening for Years 1-6
- Thursday 25th October: Break up
- Friday 26th October: INSET day for staff (first aid training)
- Tuesday 6th November: Parents evening for Years 1-6