Weekly Newsletter – Friday 30th November 2018
This has been a very busy week, in school. We welcomed the Diocesan inspector into school yesterday. As soon the outcome can be made public I will let everyone know (hopefully next week). A huge thank you to all the children, parents, staff and governors for their support.
The day has finally arrived, and we can’t wait for the Christmas Fair tonight! We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible later on. Please come ready with plenty of change so you can buy the delicious turkey baps, enjoy some mulled wine and buy some of the gorgeous craft that the children have worked so hard to make. The children will love Santa’s Grotto, the Gift Room to buy some Christmas presents for their loved ones and the second-hand toy stall.
A final reminder to buy some raffle tickets for a chance to win one of the amazing prizes on offer. There will be a chance to buy more tickets tonight.
A huge thank you to everyone who has been involved in the build up to the Fair and to all the cake bakers and volunteers tonight. We hope everyone has a wonderful time tonight and that we raise lots of money for our school.
Homework/ spellings etc.
Due to the amount of Christmas linked activities happening for the Fair and Productions the normal schedule for homework/ spellings etc. has been revised for the next three weeks. Your child will not necessarily bring their books home on the usual day.
The children who have achieved the most dojo points this week are:
Reception: Jessica Capper
Year 1: Frankie Potts
Year 2: Harriet Duerden and Josh Stubbs
Year 3: Harry Wither
Year 4: Harriet Long
Year 5: Cade Wrigley
Year 6: Max Roberts
The winning team this week is Green with 533 dojo points
2nd: Red- 473
3rd: Yellow- 466
4th: Blue- 464
The winner this week is: Year 2
Year 1: 98.83%
Year 2: 99.35%
Year 3: 93.79%
Year 4: 99.06%
Year 5 : 97.41%
Year 6: 97.04%
I hope you have a lovely weekend. This week our prayers have been related to our collective worship theme of Advent and our heartsmart themes. We are looking forward to welcoming the parents of years 3 and 4 next Wednesday at 2pm- come and find out what it is like in a class at LP!
Dates for Autumn:
- Wednesday 5th December: 2pm Parents from Years 3 and 4 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Monday 3rd December: Closing date for the Christmas Eye Candy Competition.
- Tuesday 11th December: 2pm Parents from Years 5 and 6 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th KS1 children in Plumley all day. Afternoon performances 1pm.
- Friday 14th December: Oliver Production in school- whole school (£1.50)
- Monday 17th December: Cinderella- Whole School
- Tuesday 18th December/ Wednesday 19th December: KS2 production in church 1.30pm
- Thursday 20th December: Christmas Lunch for the children and staff.
- Friday 21st December: Paul Storey Magician pm for KS1 and KS2 separately.
- Friday 21st December: 3.15 School Closes