Weekly Newsletter – Friday 7th December 2018
I am sure you are as proud as we are to read the SIAMS report. It is amazing to have been awarded the grade of EXCELLENT, in all areas of the inspection. Thank you for the many emails we have received congratulating the school, we appreciate your support. Also, congratulations to Zach Bill who has achieved his black belt in Jujitsu this week- an amazing achievement.
We have all thoroughly enjoyed our Elf Day in school. There have been some fantastic jumpers, hats, beards and socks! All money raised from your donations will go to Alzheimer’s Society. We will inform you of the total raised next week.
Bags2School – Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Bags2School is a company that specialises in good quality second clothing that can be reused. These bags will be collected from school at 9am on Tuesday 22nd January 2019. All bags are weighed, and money is donated to the school fund. Bags will be sent home next week; however black bin bags are also suitable.
Key Stage 1 Christmas Production
Mrs. Perry has sent out the letter detailing final arrangements for next week. To confirm, older siblings can attend the performance, but we ask that it is only for one of the two days and not both.
On Tuesday evening fifteen of our year 5/6 children represented us playing the cluster schools tag rugby event at Holmes Chapel High School. Both of our teams ran their hearts out and we certainly improved the more games we played. ‘Team A’ came runners up in their group and received silver medals for their efforts. Well done to all the children who took part and to the parents for your support with transporting them to and from these events. The next event is Hockey after the Christmas break.
A reminder that for the sports events all consent forms for children competing must be returned to the office as soon as possible after they are received please. Please return even if you are not giving consent – thank you
Thank you to everyone who came along and supported the Christmas Fair last week. Together we raised a huge £3,893! FLPS would like to thank everyone involved, to all those parents and staff who volunteered their time on the night, baked cakes, helped the children make their crafts, decorated the school, donated the amazing raffle prizes and assisted with the organisation of this really successful event. A big thank you also to Mrs. Dean and all the staff for their support and to Jo and Janice for sending out all the emails for us and for taking the book donations. Thank you also to Foden Lane Nursery for their generous donation of Glenda the Reindeer and to Sainsburys for donating all the bread. Finally, a huge thank you to Kristin Williamson for bringing the event together. We hope everyone had a fantastic time.
The children who have achieved the most dojo points this week are:
Reception: Olivia Nutt, Rafferty Brooks, Alfie Burgoyne
Year 1: Fergus O’Connor
Year 2: Erin Fairfield
Year 3: Lisa Burnside
Year 4: Mischa Tham, Austin Brierley
Year 5: Lucas Arcatinus, Theo Naylor
Year 6: Rhianna Middlehurst
The winning team this week is Green with 461 dojo points
2nd: Blue with 448
3rd: Red with 437
4th: Yellow with 409
The winner this week is: Year 2 with 99.68% – well done
Year 1: 94.33%
Year 2: 99.68%
Year 3: 96.90%
Year 4: 95.31%
Year 5: 92.86%
Year 6: 96.30%
Christmas Jumper Day
Friday, 14th December is Christmas jumper day. I look forward to seeing the school full of a range of styles. We do not require any donation on this day.
A reminder that following any sickness or diarrhoea children need to be clear for 48 hours before returning to school, to avoid spreading the illness. Thank you for your support.
This week our prayers have been related to our collective worship theme of Advent and our Heartsmart themes. The next Friday church service will be after Christmas, today was the last one for this term.
We are looking forward to welcoming the parents of years 5 and 6 next Tuesday at 2pm- come and find out what it is like in a class at LP! All the other class visits have been a HUGE success.
I hope you have a lovely weekend. I will be spending the weekend with my new granddaughter who was born on Thursday this week.
Dates for Autumn:
- Tuesday 11th December: 2pm Parents from Years 5 and 6 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th KS1 children in Plumley all day. Afternoon performances 1pm.
- Friday 14th December: Oliver Production in school from an external company – all children (£1.50)
- Friday 14th December: Christmas jumper day
- Monday 17th December: Pantomime Cinderella – Whole School at Northwich Memorial Hall
- Tuesday 18th December & Wednesday 19th December: KS2 production in church 1.30pm
- Thursday 20th December: Christmas Lunch for the children and staff.
- Friday 21st December: Paul Storey Magician pm for KS1 and KS2 separately.
- Friday 21st December: 3.15 School Closes
Dates for Spring Term:
- Monday 7th January 2019: INSET
- Tuesday 8th January: School opens for children
- Wednesday 9th January: Swimming for Year 3 starts
- Monday 14th January: Reception stay and play 2pm
- Wednesday 16th January: Year 6 children to Chester Cathedral (Christingle)
- Tuesday 22nd January: 9am Bags2school collected
- Wednesday 23rd January: Christingle 2pm Key Stage 1, 6pm Key Stage 2
- Tuesday 29th January: Global theme day in school
- Thursday 31st January: Year 4 Viking experience in school/ Year 3 Class Trip to Weaver Hall Museum & Workshop (Prehistoric day)
- Wednesday 6th February: Year 2 parents invited for lunch
- Wednesday 13th February: Choir to the ‘Young Voices’ concert
- Friday 15th February: Break up for half term.