Weekly Newsletter – Friday 9th November 2018
Bibles Reception and Year 3
Children in Reception have all been awarded ‘The Children’s Bible’ to bring home. These Bibles are a gift and do not need to be returned to school. The children in Year 3 have also been awarded the ‘Good News’ Bible, which they will keep in school, to support learning in Religious Education. The Bibles are a present from Lower Peover School.
Christmas Eye Candy Competition- Wendy Diddams optometrist- Knutsford
Your child will have brought home an entry form in relation to this competition. The competition is to create a magical decoration inspired by the theme of ‘eyes’ which will be placed in the practice window, in Knutsford. The eyes can be made in all shapes and sizes; they can be either 2D or 3D. We hope you will encourage your child to enter.
Children in Need- Friday 16th November
Next week, the school council are running the fundraising event for Children in Need. They will deliver an assembly on the charity on Monday, to the rest of the school, so that they are aware about the charity and how they are going to raise money throughout the week. Pudsey wrist bands will be sold from Monday at £1.50 and the school council are holding a bake sale on Friday. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.
Chester’s Biggest Christingle Service 16th January 2019 to mark 50 years of Christingle celebrations (Year 6 only)
In addition to our school Christingle celebrations, the Year 6 children will be attending Chester Cathedral on 16th January 2019, with many other children. This is to share a special service and to raise funds for the vulnerable and disadvantaged children in the Chester area.
Your child will bring home a candle box which we ask the children to fill with as much change as possible and return to school by Monday 17th December.
The Year 6 children will make the following, in school:
- Christingle which will be taken to the service
- Class banner featuring ‘Christingle Happy Birthday’ which will be made in school and taken to the Cathedral.
The children (and staff) have been invited to dress in flame colours for the event. It will be wonderful to fill the Cathedral with a sea of reds, yellows and oranges, so please encourage children to participate.
The dress options are as follows: Bright hat or ribbon in hair – please dress in full school uniform. Bright T-shirt or Jumper/Cardigan – please dress in school uniform on lower body.
The children who have achieved the most dojo points this week are:
Reception: Lucy Cook
Year 1: Poppie Shaw
Year 2: India Brooks
Year 3: Jayden Kinder
Year 4: –
Year 5: Naomi Stead, Tom Jeffries, Scarlet Rennie
Year 6: Freya Wheable
The winning team this week is Red Team (Rowling) with 389 dojo points
2nd: Blue Team (Daley) 370 points
3rd: Green Team (Peake) 366 points
4th: Yellow Yeam (Malala) 360 points
The winner this week is: Year 1 with 99.33% – congratulations!
Year 1: 99.33%
Year 2 : 97.10%
Year 3: 96.90%
Year 4: 98.13%
Year 5: 98.15%
Year 6: 97.78%
Preparations are well under way for what is set to be another fantastic Christmas Fair which we hope will raise lots of money for vital school resources. A reminder that the Fair is on Friday 30 November from 5.30pm – 7.30pm.
Christmas Fair – Class Stalls
After last year’s success, we have decided that each class will make their own items to sell at the Fair. The difference this year is that we hope the children will run the stalls themselves on the night (under supervision for KS1). The children will make their products as a class rather than individually. The children really enjoyed making the products last year and we think that if they are able to sell them too, it will add to the excitement. There will be a prize for the class who makes the most money.
In order to make their products, we would ask that some items are donated by parents. Below is the list of what each class is making. We will let the class reps know what items are needed so that they can pass the information on to the parents in their class.
Reception – Reindeer Food.
Year 1 – Reindeer Decorated Jars with Maltesers inside
Year 2 – TBC
Year 3 – Plaques
Year 4 – Christmas Cookies
Year 5 – TBC
Year 6 – Reindeer Hot Chocolate
Volunteer Sign up
The Volunteer Sign Up Sheet is now live, and the link is www.volunteersignup.org/3HPHD Please volunteer for a slot if you can. The Christmas Fair can only go ahead with the support of parents on the night. The class stalls should have the children running them so please add your children to the list if they would like to help. Any KS1 children need to be accompanied by an adult on the stall.
Just a reminder that the non-uniform days are 23 November in exchange for the unwanted gifts and 30 November for the tombola prizes.
With Christmas fast approaching. please bear in mind that FLPS is listed as a Good Cause on the easyfundraising website. This is a fantastic way to raise money for the school without it costing you a penny. Simply log on to www.easyfundraising.org.uk and create an account, nominating FLPS as your chosen Good Cause. After you have created an account you will be able to shop online at many big retailers such as John Lewis, Sainsburys, Amazon and Marks & Spencer and each time you make a purchase, the retailer will donate to FLPS. It is also possible to download the easyfundraising app to make the process even easier.
Dates for Autumn:
- Friday 16th November: Children in Need Day. £1.50 to purchase a wrist band and money for the bake sale (School Council)
- Friday 23rd November: Eucharist in church for KS2 children only – please join us at 9.10 am
- Monday 26th November: 2.15pm Stay and Play for Reception
- Tuesday 27th November: Flu Vaccination for Reception to Year 5
- Wednesday 5th December: 2pm Parents from Years 3 and 4 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Friday 23 November – non-uniform day (Unwanted Gifts)
- Friday 30 November – non-uniform day (Tombola)
- Monday 3rd December: Closing date for the Christmas Eye Candy Competition.
- Tuesday 11th December: 2pm Parents from Years 5 and 6 to spend the afternoon in class.
- Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th KS1 children in Plumley all day. Afternoon performances 1pm.
- Friday 14th December: Oliver Production in school- whole school (£1.50)
- Monday 17th December: Cinderella- Whole School AM performance
- Tuesday 18th December/ Wednesday 19th December: KS2 production in Church 1.30pm
- Thursday 20th December: Christmas Lunch for the children and staff.
- Friday 21st December: Paul Storey Magician pm for KS1 and KS2 separately.
- Friday 21st December: 3.15 School Closes