Weekly Newsletter – Thursday 18th April 2019
I am pleased to inform you that Miss Tinker is now back at school. Thank you for your support during her short absence. A HUGE thank you to our site manager Mr. Williamson who has tidied up the front of school, he is now going to start to tidy up the garden area. We also welcome Mrs. Alex Williamson as a new teaching assistant, she will mainly be deployed in Key Stage 2.
Eat with Your Child – Year 4
A reminder that you can now reserve a place to Eat with Your Child on Wednesday 8th May. Please book your place via www.lowerpeover.parentseveningsystem.co.uk The adult meal is free of charge. The deadline for booking is Friday 26th April at 12 noon – it is important to book your place, so we can advise Mrs Hewitt of the additional number of lunches she has to prepare and order the correct quantity of ingredients.
As you are aware, school is used as a polling station and is closed on Thursday 2nd May 2019 for the local elections.
We have been advised, this week, by Cheshire West & Chester Council, that due to the current ‘European’ situation, the school has been provisionally booked to hold the European Elections on Thursday 23rd May 2019.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to confirm if this election is going ahead, until the final decision has been made by The Government. Please can we ask you to, therefore, keep in mind that school MAY be closed on Thursday 23rd May. We will communicate further as soon as we receive notification either way – thank you for your understanding.
Class Dojo Masters
- Reception: Hugo B, Megan E, Rafferty B
- Year 1: Sebby B
- Year 2: Lucas F
- Year 3: Freya S
- Year 4: Ashley L
- Year 5: Charlotte G
- Year 6: Jacob G
The winning attendance certificate this week is awarded to Year 4 with 99.60% – congratulations! I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.
Dates for Summer Term until 24th May
- 25th and 26th April: Year 2 residential to Fox Howl at Delamere
- Friday 26 April – Non-uniform in return for a donation of booze or chocolates for the adult tombola
- Tuesday 30th April: Ugandan visitors to visit school
- Whole of May: Key Stage 1 SATS are implemented.
- Thursday 2nd May: INSET day. School closed for polling.
- Tuesday 7th May: Year 1 class worship to parents at 2pm
- 7th– 10th May: Bikeability for Year 5
- Wednesday 8th May: Year 4 parents to eat with children
- Thursday 9th May: Year 3 to Gadbrook Park- Barclays lifestyle event
- 13th– 16th May: Year 6 SATS
- Tuesday 21st May: Sports Day KS1 9.15, KS2 1pm
- Thursday 23rd May – School MAY be closed for European Elections – TBC
- 23rd-24th May: Year 6 trip to London with Mr. Haslam, Mrs Dean, Mrs Lamb and Miss Tinker
- Friday 24th May: Break up